http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bear-y Delightful

Can you believe i've been stitching again?! Yes, with already crippled fingers! Hey, if it makes for fabulous layouts, i'm willing to stand the pain :)

The layout i am sharing with you today was inspired by 2 blog challenges:

1. My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 23 for which i had to use 80% of My Mind's Eye products (which is not difficult for me since i'm addicted to MME!) and base my design on this sketch. Fabulous MME collections are to be won which would make me a very happy scrapper! :)

2. Get Picky's April Inspirational Challenge #7 which provided me with a beautiful photo and color combo for inspiration. The winner will be invited to guest design for their next inspiration challenge in May. I would be totally honored!
Needless to say, i was extremely inspired by both MME and Get Picky, so i got right down to scrappin' this double-page layout.

Bear-y Delightful
Isn't this picture of my niece beautiful? I only had that one picture and since Get Picky was asking for a multi-photo layout, i decided to alter it a little using Photoshop and print it in blue and yellow as in the color combo. I think they turned out great :)
  
The collection i used is My Mind's Eye's Stella and Rose which blew my mind the very first time i laid eyes on it! Every single design is exquisite, the quality of the paper is the best, and the embellishments are beautiful.  The 'Hattie' line went perfectly well with the Get Picky's Color Combo! Check out the different brads...
To represent the circles on the MME's sketch, i made accordion fan circles which i learned how to do in a class at my LSS. 


So do you think the crippled fingers are worth it? (Psst... i have a couple more layouts coming up soon with even MORE stitching! hehe)

7 comments:

  1. wow how amazing beautiful I am happy to find your blog itís wonderful work you make and you go follow you and I hope you me to??

    xx carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I found your blog through the My Mind's Eye blog. Love the way you made a 2 pages LO out of the sketch and I also LOVE all your beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so beautiful! Love the edited photos and all of your flowers, great work! Thanks so much for playing along at Get Picky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your fabulous detail!! Thx for playing along with us at Get Picky..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow!! you're just crazy for stitching! Mais je dois dire que le résultat est superbe! Je te souhaite de gagner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is adorable! awesome colors, gorgeus details...love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great layout! Love all the details! :)

    ReplyDelete