http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Cherry on Top (and PageMaps) Sketch Contest

Did you think i had abandoned you all? hehe  I was busy creating as always... had quite a few orders for Mother's Day cards from my friends. Seems like my KaiserCraft easel card which i posted a week ago was a HIT! I took a picture of a couple of the new ones i made so i'll have more to share with you soon.

But for now, look at a layout i made for A Cherry on Top Sketch Contest at the PageMaps blog.  It is based on this fabulous sketch (aren't all PageMaps sketches just perfect!?):
Baby Daphne 

What better way to feature the very first precious picture (taken from a cellphone, thus the poor quality) of my youngest niece (who is now 4) than with a layout all dressed up in ivory and pink.  As you know, I normally do double-page layouts, usually extending the sketch i'm working with on a 2nd page, but i think this single layout will be just perfect at the very start of Daphne's album!

The paper i used is from Creative Imaginations and it is so beautiful (see the quilted texture on the background paper!?) that i had to keep myself from buying it in all the other colors available (green, yellow, blue, etc)!


I did a lot of hand-stitching which i LOVE to do although my poor hand would beg to differ! hehe  I'd love to say that i did the crochet flower too, but i bought it from a local scrapbooker who's also very talented at crocheting as you can see.

Cute carriage, isn't it?  It is a Martha Stewart 3-D accent. The pink bling also comes from MS.

So what do you think? Too much pink for you, perhaps? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Everything is gorgeous!!! Definitely just the right amount of PINK!

    Love the sketch, love the quote, love the crochet flower, love the pram, love the punched edges, love the handstitching, love the darling name!

    ... Love everything :) I'll put this in my "scraplift" folder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! love it, so soft and sweet...gorgeus page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful. Love that adorable little pram. Your work is so fab that I'm not surprised you keep winning challenges. Thanks for dropping by my BCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is stunning.. I LOVE this. Just spotted you from the comments section at Pagemaps! WONDERFUL work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My!!!!!! look at all those stitched details! good luck!

    ReplyDelete