http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Just You (SIWAS DT Reveal & CS Sketch)

Today is my first DT reveal as a Rock Chick for the Scrap It With a Song challenge blog!

As mentioned last week, the theme for the playlist this month is Travel.  However, you do not have to create a travel-theme project.  You could base your project on just a specific lyric from the song or the title or a feeling or memory you have while listening to it.  Just make sure to explain, if need be, in your blog post what inspired you.  And click HERE to link up your project before August 31st for a chance to be a Guest Designer for October, and to see what the other Rock Chicks have created.

Personally i love Chantal Kreviazuk's version as who could ever forget that famous scene from Armageddon with Ben Affleck singing to Liv Tyler?!  Soooo sweet!

I didn't have any pictures of a jet plane to scrapbook so i decided to take this part of the lyrics and create yet another love-themed layout for MY Ben Affleck - hehehe

"Every place I go, I think of you
  Every song I sing, I sing for you"


My layout was based on Sketch #220 from Creative Scrappers:
 The paper i used is from the Merry January collection by We R Memory Keepers.  I was saving it for a future Winter or Christmas layout but i felt that it was just perfect for this layout.  I felt like going dark and grungy!

All the chipboard pieces, including this beautiful title, is from Imaginarium Designs.  I love ID chipboard, but since my LSS doesn't carry it and i can't order online too much, i don't have many pieces.  I was fortunate enough to win a few packs from their website though and i am super excited to be able to use them on my projects.  I distressed the chippies by covering them with gesso, heating it up, then layers different shades of distress ink and glimmer mist until i reached the colors wanted.
This was my first real attempt at grunge.  So what do you think?  
 Which style fits me best: shabby & chic, dark & grungy or bright & fun?

And don't forget to join us this month at Scrap It With a Song!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing page! The treatment on the chipboard and the way you used the eyelets are fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Nicole!! Love it !! Thanks for playing at CS I think we used the same chippie for the layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Nicole! Love all the ink distressing and the eyelets!! So glad to have you join us on the SIWAS team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. You did a great job. Welcome to SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how masculine this layout is!! And your work with the chipboard?- amazing!!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout Nicole! It's great to be on the SIWAS team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nicole :) Thank you so much for your condolence message on my blog - I really appreciate your steadfast support :)))) I just love this page! You do grunge soooo well!! I think that grunge kind of goes with shabby - so many shabby artists go for a bit of grunge sometimes! I think it really depends on the product you are working with and the subject in the photos. Sure your Ben Affleck would have loved this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW i love yor take on the sketch its amazing, thanks for joining in with us at CREATIVE SCRAPPERS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I keep looking at it to take in all of the stunning details!! What a beautiful, creative layout!! Thanks for entering my giveaway and posting it on your sidebar...I appreciate it so much :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete