http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sugar & Spice (My Mind's Eye April Sketch Challenge)

Most of you have met Sugar, our fur baby, already!  She is a sweet (hence the name), cuddly 2 year-old kitty who loves to eat shrimp treats and play hide and seek with her humans. We adopted her in October 2012 and she has brought us joy and purrs (and a LOT of cat hair) every since.


You will probably recognize a lot of My Mind's Eye goodies on this layout!  I used the Lost and Found 3 Oliver collection including papers, brads, decorative tape and stickers as well as buttons, paper clips, enamel dots and wooden shapes from older collections.

The MME April Sketch Challenge served as inspiration for the design:

Like in the sketch, i used a lot of flags on my layout trying to capture all the gorgeous designs of the papers. I used a mask and different distress inks to create the background.

I used 3d foam dots to create various layers.

The brads and enamel dots add the perfect touches of color to my layout.

This layout differs a bit from the shabby chic style i tend to go for the most lately, but as mentioned before, i love all kinds of scrapbooking styles.  My style varies all the time according to my moods and the products and photos that i'm working with.  When i saw the MME sketch, i thought Sweet Adorable Fun... and then i thought of Sugar :)

So, which do you prefer, my shabby chic pages or my fun and colorful layouts?

I would love your feedback. :)



5 comments:

  1. Nicole, such a great LO. I love MME papers and they are a perfect choice. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so amazing Nicole!! just love the masking and the monochromatic feel to this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful :) you won the RAK on my blog for the Flying Unicorn blog hop
    Please email Alda and let her know which blog you won on and she will get that off to you.


    cs@flyingunicornllc.com

    ReplyDelete