http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, July 21, 2014

Precious Ella (2Crafty DT Reveal)

I'm very happy to be sharing with you today my first July DT reveal layout for 2Crafty!


This layout holds many of my favourite things... favourite colors to scrapbook with: aqua blue, hot peachy pink and pale ivory (see below what challenge inspired me to use those colours), favourite patterns: polkadots, hexagons (no, I'm not tired of them yet!) and musical notes (see below what challenge inspired me to use those patterns),  my favourite embellishment (2Crafty chipboard obviousy) and last but certainly not least, one of my 2 favourite girls in the whole world, my niece Ella, the other one being her sister Daphne.

I played along with 2 challenges to create this layout.

that includes this fabulous mood board designed by Tusia Lech.
As mentioned above, I was inspired by the colours on this mood board which happen to be some of my favourites.  I also love the first image that reminds me of Ella... 
fun, girly and as sweet as a bunny.  She is also one of the most happy go lucky girls I know and I take great pride in being her aunt. I hope she never changes!


 I also was inspired by this fun  
This challenge asks to include at least 3 different patterns on your creation.  
Although sometimes i like fun bright colorful patterns (depending on what kind of pictures and themes i'm using), i have to say that i tend towards more soft, monochromatic and subtle pattern nowadays.  I used various patterns on my layout, most notably, polkadots, music notes, grid, vertical stripes and hexagons which all come from some of my favourite older papers from My Mind's Eye.


 Now on to the details and a closer look at all the 2Crafty Chipboard used!

Remember that if you want to see ALL the chipboard pieces that 2Crafty has to offer,
you can view their entire selection on their website right HERE.

First, i used the Loopy Font Precious Title and 
the EveryDay Font U/C & L/C to spell out the name Ella. 
 I embossed the letters with a polkadot pattern and then covered every piece 
with white gesso, sprayed them with different shades of aqua blue glimmer mist 
and then dabbed on some white paint on the top half to give them an ombre effect.


 Because i love hexagons even though some would say that they are not trendy anymore,
 I just had to add some Small Chicken Barbed Wire.
 

I lined up a piece of the Doily Border at the bottom of my layout 
which i treated the same way as the title.


The Frame Lucy's Flourish piece is so beautiful and elegant, 
i wish i would have had 2 as i would have added a picture of my niece Daphne in the 2nd one, that way making this layout about my 2 favourite girls!


 This sweet looking key comes from the Keyholes and Locks set, 9 pieces included.


And one last look from the side on which you can see some of the layers and all the pretty flowers.
 

I hope you enjoyed.

I loved playing along with both challenges at
Scrap Around the World and Berry71bleu 
while, at the same time, promoting the best chipboard out there, 2Crafty!

13 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Gorgeous layout!! I love those colour and all those details - great design.
    Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Nicole... This is TRULY BEAUTIFUL! SO many amazing details... THANK you for playing along over @ Scrap Around The World this month........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful layout Nicole! Love the yellow and orange shadowing the hexagons just everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazingly gorgeous and detailed and just,wow!Thanks for playing along at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Stunning layout Nicole! I love how you layered different shapes and patterns to create this gorgeous page. Thanks for joining the Berry71Bleu Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally in love with your layout! The colors blend so gorgeous!!! Thank you for playing along with us at SATW and Berry71Bleu this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page. The colors worked really well together. Thank you for sharing with us at berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful1 Thank you for playing along with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colors, patterns and textures! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout! I love all the details from the stitching to the moulding paste! Great textures as well with the cheesecloth and pearls. Simply lovely! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout Nicole! Love all the gorgeous details and many patterns! So glad you joined us at Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page Nicole!! beautiful details... Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!!

    ReplyDelete