http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, February 24, 2017

Forever Sisters & Friends
(Scraps of Elegance DT - 'Watercolor Wishes' Kit)


So what am I sharing with you today?

This shabby chic layout featuring the newly released Scraps of Elegance kit!


The Scraps of Elegance February kit is called 'Watercolor Wishes' and features beautiful papers from 49 and Market collection Heirloom Botanicals.  The main kit along with the elements and floral add-ons include gorgeous flowers and stamps also from 49 and Market as well as many other fabulous products.



Elements Add-On

Floral Add-On

The main inspiration for this layout was this beautiful quote from the 49 and Market stamp set.  I wanted to celebrate sisters so I decided to scrap photos of my nieces.  I do not have a sister and found myself throughout life often wishing for that special bond.  I'm happy that my nieces have each other.

Below you can see close-ups of many of the gorgeous flowers in the Floral Add-On.
I turned some of the smaller roses a shade of coral orange using mists to go along with the papers. The blue flowers are from my own stash.


This lovely chipboard piece is from Blue Fern Studios and is included in the Elements Add-On.  I covered it with melon embossing powder and white washed it with white acrylic paint, doing the same to most of my embellishments.  I used Copic markers to add a bit of blackish brown on the Prima gems and the metal heart included in the kit, and I sprinkled some black microbeads around my flower clusters.


I am very happy with this layout.  The 49 and Market papers are full of beautiful colors to chose from, and I found that they went perfectly with my nieces' school pictures.  Who would have thought that different shades of orange, purple and blue would create such a lovely color combo?  I hope you enjoy as much as I do!


To learn more about Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance kits, click HERE! And make sure to join the Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance Mixed Media Scrapbooking Community on Facebook.  We would love for you to share your creations using these fabulous kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment