http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

10 Years Soulmates
(7 Dots Studio, Lindy's Stamp Gang & Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo Challenges)


I took some me time this weekend and decided to create just for me!  In all my DT requirements and deadlines, it's sometimes hard to be able to scrapbook just for the sheer joy of it.  Whenever I can, I try to play along with amazing challenges that have caught my eye.  Well, this time around, I was able to combine 3, each one as fabulous as the next!  INSPIRATION GALORE!!


A couple months ago, I saw this gorgeous new collection from 7 Dots Studio called Cotton Candy Dream and it was love at first sight.  So I ordered it and hadn't had the chance to play with it until now.  The February 7 Dots Studio challenge was an easy one for me as 'LOVE' just happens to be my favorite scrapbooking theme.  I can never get enough of showcasing the love that Yves and I share! Other 7 Dots Studio products used include several stamps and chipboard.


Next on my list of inspirational challenges is the Lindy's Stamp Gang March Color Challenge. It is my first time playing along as my Lindy's stash collection is still growing.  To be frank, I only own 12 Lindy's sprays so far, but I love them so much that I plan on getting more! I just happened to have 4 that matched this pretty palette: Starbursts Wild Honeysuckle Coral, Starbursts Cape Cod Coral, Flat Fabios Kissin' Kenickie Coral and Flat Fabios T-bird Turquoise. I realize that my layout tends to be more on the orange side, but I did spray on all of my coral hues to try to tone it down a little,
and you can clearly see some bits of beautiful turquoise here and there! 


And last, but certainly not least, I decided to have a go at the Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo March challenge which was to use NUMBERS on a project.  Because of my love-theme, I opted to add a large 10 to document 10 years of being soulmates.  I also used a number stamp here and there on the background.


I am sure that you will agree that these 3 challenges proved to be the perfect inspiration combo!

Now let's take a closer look at my page:

I used some of the largest alphas in my stash to create the number 10.  I have a little confession to make... it is actually an 'i' and 'o', but who would have ever thought, uh?  They were also originally a bright shade of pink so I painted them brown and added some microbeads on them with dabs of white paint.


I mixed matched different turquoise, teal and peachy orange flowers to create my cluster, sprinkled with more microbeads!


You can see here stamped numbers on my background as well as numbers on a 7 Dots Studio die cut shape.


I was very pleased with the soft round splatters created with my Lindy's sprays.


10 years ago, my soul found its mate... and my happiness knows no bounds!


Thank you for joining me today!

18 comments:

  1. love love love it! This layout is stunning! I love all the details! Thank you for joining at Lindy's Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing !!! Thank You for joining us at 7 Dots Studio this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, lovely details ....thanks for playing with us at 7dots studio challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. So romantic and elegant!It really shows Love in the air for those 10 years of yours!TFS with us at 7dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture you have on this piece, lovely page, thanks for playing along at Lindy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE what you have done here Nicole, this is probably my new fave of yours. Beautiful photo and you have showcased it to perfection. Thanks for joining in over at Lindy's. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for participating to the 7 Dots Studio challenge! Absolutely perfect page! Everything is at it's right place and so stunning! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the texture on the background!! Thanks for playing at Lindy's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! So many amazing detaila to look at, thanks for playing along at Lindy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Art wow Love This Thanks for your participation at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo, Lindy's stamp Gang and 7 Dots Studio Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, stunning project - beautiful composition and embellishment! Thank you for joining us at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicole,
    What a beautiful piece to celebrate you love! Congrats on your 10 years,best wishes for many many more happy years and times together!
    I absolutely love your color palette on this layout and must say, I just placed an order for a few of those lindy's you used! Can't wait!
    Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog and the reminder about the board. Everything is up as it should be! Thanks")
    hugs,Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful and elegant layout! Thank you for joining Lindy's color challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your page is so fabulous, with all those wonderful details, gorgeous work! Thank you for joining 7 Dots Studio and Lindy's Color Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! Thank you for joining 7 Dots Studio this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful page
    Thanks for playing along with Lindys

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicole my friend... I love this page :) Thanks for playing at Lindy's challenge! Hugs. Aga

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Nicole! I love your layout! It's gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Lindy's color challenge!

    ReplyDelete